Note from the editor: For those who consider our pets to be a true member of the family, we dedicate this special prevention article to keeping our furry loved ones safe and cancer-free.
(Updated Oct 1, 2018)
2) Ozone therapy: is a very potent form of oxygen. Healthy cells thrive on oxygen and the microbes that cause cancer are typically anaerobic, meaning they thrive in the absence of oxygen. It is most often administered as an IV solution mixed with saline or as a topical gel that is applied directly to tumors or skin lesions. It can also be injected directly to cancerous tumors.
3) Hyperbaric chamber therapy: In a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, the air pressure is up to three times greater than normal. This causes the lungs to collect up to three times more pure oxygen than is possible when breathing atmospheric oxygen. The pure oxygen is transported throughout the body via the blood stream, which encourages the release of growth factors and stem cells that promote healing.
4) Pol-MVA therapy- this combines the vitamin lipoic acid with the trace element palladium. It supports oxygenation of cells and tissues and improves cellular function.
5) Neoplasena- this is a formulation created by Dr. Terrence Fox at Buck Mountain Botanicals. It recognizes and kills cancer cells. It is made up of alkaloids found in the bloodroot plant, Sanquinaria Canadensis. It comes in a topical ointment and injection.
1. Turmeric and its active ingredient Curcumin. Stat 3, a protein that helps tumors metastasize and defend against chemotherapy, is inhibited by curcumin.
2. Antemissin: This Chinese herb has been used to treat malaria and has now been shown to destroy many types of cancer cells as well. Unlike conventional cancer drugs like chemo, Artemisinin seems to target cancer cells and leave normal cells unharmed.research is needed to find the most effective dosing.
3. Max’s formula created by Dr. Huisheng Xie, founder of the Chai institute in Reddick, Fl.
4.Fish oil. Dose: 1400mg per 25lbs daily.
5.Natural antioxidants: such as are berries, pomegranate, green tea, cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
6.Vitamin A, C and selenium
7.Immustim Complex by professional formulas- provides an excellent balance of antioxidants.
8.Hemp seed oil provides a healthy balance of omega 3 and omega 6 fats. Dose: 1 tspn/lb of food fed.
9. Apocaps was created by Dr Demian Dressler, author of The Dog Cancer Survival Guide. It contains the apoptogens luteolin, apigenin, curcumin and silymarin, as well as gingerols, beta glucans, and l-glutamine. Apoptogens support the body’s natural process of aptoptosis – the clearing out of old and damaged cells from the body.
Dr. Lynda Loudon is an accomplished emergency veterinarian with 15 years of experience in her field. She is currently Medical Director of Animal Emergency Services in Selden and Commack, Long Island. Dr. Loudon’s professional interests include emergency medicine and critical care, nutrition, pain management and holistic medicine. As an emergency veterinarian, Dr. Loudon was too often confronted with a situation where an animal in need of care could not receive treatment due to lack of finances. She could no longer allow this to be a factor in her patient’s care and therefore founded Healing Haven Animal Foundation. (www.healinghavenaf.org)
Aside from her current position as Medical Director, Dr. Loudon has always had a passion for helping injured or sick stray animals. She has personally rescued and treated more than 200 injured stray dogs and cats in the past 20 years. She has also fostered and rehabilitated many of these animals until they were ready to be adopted. Dr. Loudon has dedicated a large amount of time volunteering for local shelters and rescue groups. In addition to her work helping stray animals, Dr. Loudon has been the primary veterinarian to large profile abuse cases such as Maximus, the pit bull who was set on fire by his owner in 2007 and Joey, the pit bull who had been thrown from a moving car in 2012. Dr. Loudon’s purpose and mission is to create a place where animals will get the veterinary care they deserve despite finances, where animals will have a safe haven to live, and a place where the love from animals will help people heal and grow. This is where Healing Haven Animal Foundation is heading.
|Integrative Medicine of NY|
|Bard Cancer Diagnostics (link)|